Can't stand the smell of bleach!

For many years, we have been “educated” to use the “strongest” of chemicals to clean and disinfect our homes ... chlorine, or more commonly known as bleach.

Bleach is actually a type of chemical that is used industrially to whiten clothing, whiten wood pulp, etc. In past decades it had also migrated into the home and used domestically for clothing whitening, disinfecting homes, swimming pools, etc. Chlorine is the main ingredient in bleach and it is a strong oxidizing agent and highly acidic.

When ingested, bleach can cause serious damage to your insides (stomach, intestines, etc)! Even on skin contact, you would get skin irritation, dryness and, in severe cases, chemical burns. It’s fumes it’s also toxic and damages the lungs and causes respiratory issues.

So, the question begs to be asked ...

Why are we using “poison” to clean our homes?

We have the best intentions to keep our homes clean, so our family members stay safe, but in the process, due to ignorance, we are, in fact, causing more harm to our families.


Is there a safer alternative to bleach (chlorine) to clean & disinfect our homes?

Yes, there is, and we can go back to basics.

First, a good natural soap is required to clean up any oils, grime, dirt. Soapnut berries are a natural source of soap. These berries grow naturally as fruits. When the fruit pulp is mixed with water, soap it produced naturally.

Second, back to basics essential oils, such as tea tree oil, lemongrass oil, etc, are natural, yet powerful, disinfectants, because of their antibacterial and antiseptic properties.

Soapnut Republic home cleaning products are all made on the basis of natural soap derived from soapnut berries, and blended with natural essential oils to provide a natural solution for cleaning and disinfecting of the home, office and almost anywhere.

Can’t stand the smell of bleach? We too!

Try Soapnut Republic home cleaning products for a feel good home. Smells good, too!

March 19, 2018 — Fionna Lee