NUTS ABOUT SOAP🌰
Lemongrass is very popular in South East Asia, typically used as an essential oil to diffuse around the home to give a sense of peace, balance and harmony. Also used as a massage oil to soothe those aching muscles.
Do you know that lemongrass has much more benefits?
Let me share with you & also let you in on why lemongrass essential oil has been infused into Soapnut Republic Liquid Laundry.
Benefits of lemongrass
- Large source of vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C) and minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, and iron), hence, has high nutritional value
- Contains antioxidants - you know what that means :)
- Possesses anti-hyperlipidemic and anti-hypercholesterolemic properties, which means its great for reducing cholesterol.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in stomach disorders
- Great for flu and nasal blockages, since it is rich with Vit C (proven, my Husband takes lemongrass tea whenever a cold strikes)
- Main component is lemonal or citrate which has anti-fungal and antimicrobial qualities, so great for treating infections (yeast, athlete's foot, etc)
The list actually goes on, but let's turn our attention to why lemongrass is suitable and is great in laundry cleaning?
Gets rid of bacteria naturally, yes, naturally. Don't use chemical anti-septic as these are harmful to your body.
Singapore is hot, but it is also damp and humid, so clothing is also prone to mould and fungus. Lemongrass is anti fungal and will keep your clothing fresh.
Fresh scent of lemonal (lemongrass) on your clothing can lift spirits and calm nerves. Feel good every time you put on your clothes. :)
Finally, we all wear clothes all (most) of the time, so we cannot stress the importance of not using harmful chemicals on our clothes as it is in constant contact with our skin. Traditional laundry liquid are filled with chemicals that are harmful to breathe in and also harmful to the skin. Soapnut Republic Laundry Liquid is made of 100% natural soapnut berry extracts, infused with pure lemongrass essential oil. It is as natural as it gets, non toxic, allergen free and biodegradable.
A multi purpose spray is the most versatile cleaning agent for your home. Tough on stains, yet soft on your skin. It is suitable for a wide variety of cleaning. In this post, we share the top 10 ways to clean with a multi purpose spray.
- Clean hard surfaces throughout the home, such as living room furniture, kitchen tables and bench tops, and bathroom surfaces. Spray on surface and wipe clean with damp cloth
- Get rid of dirty marks off walls. Spray on wall, wipe away with damp cloth
- Remove mould. Spray onto surface and wipe
- Clean fabric furniture. Removes surface marks such as food & drink stains, including wine and crayons. Spray onto surface, blot out mark with wet cloth.
- Clean carpets. Removes food & drink stains. Spray onto carpet, blot out mark with wet cloth.
- Clean children's toys. Spray on cloth and wipe toys down. Non toxic and allergen free keeps childrens safe.
- Clean air conditioning unit. Wash out the dust, then spray on filter and wipe.
- Clean pet equipment. Wash and spray on surfaces and wipe clean. Vegan and cruelty free by PETA to keep furry friends safe.
- Clean shoes and sandals (mainly water proof materials, i.e. crocs, or cloth material, i.e. canvas). Spray on surface and wipe with wet cloth.
- Clean door knobs and handles. Spray and wipe with damp cloth. (We touch these so often, but fail to clean it often enough.)
Treat yourself with soapnut republic, as featured in City Weekend
Soapnut Republic WON the Business Excellence Award for Start-Up Enterprises at the AustCham Westpac Australia China Business Awards.
Check out founders, Kim and Bobby, at the gala dinner held in April 2016
Soapnut Republic products have always been Cruelty Free and Vegan and they are accredited by the leading American animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
An interview with Soapnut Republic co-founder Kim Gilliland in The Hai Flyer, Nov 2015
Find out more about how founders Kim and Bobby, husband and wife team does it all.
"Fortunately we’re in complete agreement on our overall strategy. But it can sometimes be hard work running a business day-to-day with your partner, particularly while raising two small children."
This is a #throwback post.
Soapnut Republic founder Bobby Mitchell and his gorgeous daughters Tara (then-3) and Jade (then-1) grace the cover of Shanghai Family's December issue. Stay tuned to see how the 2 lovely daughters have grown up.
"Soapnut Republic and their entirely natural range of home care products are taking Shanghai - and soon the world - by storm." - Shanghai Family, Oct 2015 feature
Soapnut Republic is now available in Singapore.